Alabama Arise and Alabama Appleseed Center for Law and Justice teamed up to make this report in the history, monetary impacts and human being effect of high-cost payday lending in our state.
The report shows and professional summary are below. Click to see the complete report, or click on the “Download” switch near the top of this post.
- Under state legislation, payday loan providers may charge as much as 456 % APR.
- Significantly more than 1.7 million loans that are payday applied for in Alabama in 2018. Averaged away, that’s more than 32,000 loans that are payday week.
- Significantly more than 200,000 Alabamians sign up for an online payday loan each year.
- Every year, Alabama borrowers spend a lot more than $100 million in cash advance costs that don’t reduce steadily the principal amount owed.
- About 85 % of cash advance borrowers in Alabama sign up for loans that are multiple a 12 months. Læs mere